Home

NBA 2k13 "The Eccentric Edition" - All-Star Slider Set

This is a discussion on NBA 2k13 "The Eccentric Edition" - All-Star Slider Set within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-07-2013, 03:27 AM   #617
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: NBA 2k13 "The Eccentric Edition" - All-Star Slider Set

Hello because you have a slider for the PC I use it the UBR roster now, and I have question..

What is the difference between the Association sliders..? I'm kinda confused

If I dont play association I dont have to use these

Quote:
Association Mode
These sliders are for Offline Association mode only. In my opinion, these give the best results by far. Any sliders not mentioned remain the same as the User/CPU or CPU/CPU slider sets above.

Game Options (Press Y/Triangle at the Team/Jersey selection screen)
Game Speed - 55
Player Speed - 38

Attributes
Quickness - 49/45
Speed - 50/46

Instead I just use this?

Quote:
Game Speed - 52
Quickness - 37/33
Speed - 39/35

Whats the difference anyway?

Anyways I think you forgot to make red some changes in your PC slider?

Attempt Putback from 70 to 68
Blocking Foul Frequency from 90 to 92
etc..

I just noticed I hope you dont forget to make red your latest changes

Last edited by free24ride1; 02-07-2013 at 03:46 AM.
Old 02-07-2013, 03:52 AM   #618
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricMeat
Wow, 28 turnovers? That's a high number. I usually average about 10-15 turnovers for both myself and the CPU, and I'm not seeing the same issues you brought up. What system are you on? And also, which roster?

The easy answer is this: if your passes are too inaccurate, raise your pass accuracy by 1. If you are getting the ball stripped away too often, decrease the CPU Steal Success slider by 1 and/or increase USER Ball Handling by 1 (recommended). If the CPU is batting away too many passes, decrease CPU Hands by 1 and/or decrease the CPU Play Passing Lanes tendency by 1 (recommended).
I will tinker with increasing/decreasing a few of the slider by 1 or so. Does 1 point adjustment make that much of a difference though? I am playing on Xbox 360 and the whole turnover thing is just very frequent. When I've got my back to the basket with a post player, I enjoy doing the face up and drive either baseline or to the lane move, but it NEVER works. As soon as I face up, the defender pokes it loose and either A) a foul is called or B) I turn the ball over. The post game is difficult for me. And it seems like anytime I draw some sort of contact as I'm going up for a move in the paint, I always miss, even if it should be an easy bucket despite a little contact. Cousins and Thompson are great at that. Pretty much all of my big men are.

I also use the Official 2K rosters, although I don't agree with many of the ratings. I would love to use a better roster, but I honestly don't know which one is the best and some of the rosters on here that are supposed to be downloaded to a USB seem cool, but I have no clue how to do all of that. It just seems confusing, even after I read the tutorial. Which roster do you suggest with better player edits?

Anyways, thanks for taking the time to respond. I do enjoy your sliders and appreciate the time and effort you obviously put into getting them right.
Old 02-07-2013, 04:10 AM   #619
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by free24ride1
Hello because you have a slider for the PC I use it the UBR roster now, and I have question..

What is the difference between the Association sliders..? I'm kinda confused

Whats the difference anyway?

Anyways I think you forgot to make red some changes in your PC slider?

Attempt Putback from 70 to 68
Blocking Foul Frequency from 90 to 92
etc..

I just noticed I hope you dont forget to make red your latest changes
If you're not playing in Association mode, you would stick to the three settings you listed. If you are playing in Association mode, it is recommended that you use the values listed in the Association section instead of my normal settings. The difference is small, but the Association sliders DEFINITELY give the best combination of ball-speed and player movement.

Seeing as none of us have a clue what the exact effects the "Player Speed" setting from Association mode has on sliders, it's impossible to figure out what the non-association sliders would have to be in order to equal the Association settings. So, my non-association settings of:
Quote:
Game Speed - 52
Quickness - 37/33
Speed - 39/35
are about as close as I have gotten to replicating the feel of a game in Association mode.

Hopefully this cleared things up for you. As for the changes I've made that are not in red, that was my fault. I updated from 1.0A to 1.0B, but then did a mini-update from 1.0B to 1.0.1B. When posting this mini-update, I forgot to red-out the values I had changed from 1.0A to 1.0B, and instead only red-out the values that I updated in the mini-update.

I will try to fix this in the OP. Thanks for pointing it out to me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ochocincorice
I will tinker with increasing/decreasing a few of the slider by 1 or so. Does 1 point adjustment make that much of a difference though? I am playing on Xbox 360 and the whole turnover thing is just very frequent. When I've got my back to the basket with a post player, I enjoy doing the face up and drive either baseline or to the lane move, but it NEVER works. As soon as I face up, the defender pokes it loose and either A) a foul is called or B) I turn the ball over. The post game is difficult for me. And it seems like anytime I draw some sort of contact as I'm going up for a move in the paint, I always miss, even if it should be an easy bucket despite a little contact. Cousins and Thompson are great at that. Pretty much all of my big men are.

I also use the Official 2K rosters, although I don't agree with many of the ratings. I would love to use a better roster, but I honestly don't know which one is the best and some of the rosters on here that are supposed to be downloaded to a USB seem cool, but I have no clue how to do all of that. It just seems confusing, even after I read the tutorial. Which roster do you suggest with better player edits?

Anyways, thanks for taking the time to respond. I do enjoy your sliders and appreciate the time and effort you obviously put into getting them right.
Alright, first off I will answer your slider question. Yes, 1 point adjustments DO make a difference. For most of the turnover-related sliders, 1 point adjustments are all you need in order to find the sweet-spot.

Now, as for rosters, I recommend using the True2theGame rosters by iReP PHiLLYx89. They may be a little outdated, but I haven't found a good alternative. Every other roster I've found for Xbox 360 overhauls attributes, tendencies, etc. in a way that they are not compatible with my sliders. The Official 2k updates ARE compatible with my sliders, however, so a little fine-tuning is all you'll need.
Old 02-07-2013, 07:47 AM   #620
Rookie

OVR: 1

Okay thanks for explaining. I have another question.

What coach settings should I use? (Gameplay > Coach Settings)

So far I have set timeout, substitution, offense and defense playcalling, and late game fouling to auto.

If I have offense and defense playcalling at auto, the CPU will also mirror too?

If so, I should just leave both at auto so that the CPU plays more realistic? (so they will call plays automatically too)
Old 02-07-2013, 12:14 PM   #621
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by free24ride1
Okay thanks for explaining. I have another question.

What coach settings should I use? (Gameplay > Coach Settings)

So far I have set timeout, substitution, offense and defense playcalling, and late game fouling to auto.

If I have offense and defense playcalling at auto, the CPU will also mirror too?

If so, I should just leave both at auto so that the CPU plays more realistic? (so they will call plays automatically too)
Your coach settings have 0 affect on the CPU's playcalling, so just go with whatever you prefer. I set all my playcalling to Manual, and usually my timeouts and subs are Manual as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-07-2013, 07:36 PM   #622
Rookie

OVR: 0

Can anyone give me an idiots guide on how to download and install the best playbook for Xbox??

This slider set is fabulous. Love how they play with my Pacers Association mode I have going now. Cheers, Eccentric...
Old 02-09-2013, 05:47 AM   #623
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

NEW UPDATE! (PC Slider Set)

In this update, I focused on fine-tuning the USER blocks and the CPU offensive tendencies.

I just finished my latest game with these updates (Cleveland [me] vs. LA Clippers), and it was the most entertaining game I've played yet! The first half was back and forth, but I pulled away in the third quarter and the first half of the fourth. However, I pulled my starters with 5:30 left in the fourth while I was up 84-68. The next 3 minutes were ALL LA, as they came storming back to make the score 84-81.

At this point, I called a timeout and put my starters back out there. On the next possession, the Clippers passed it to Griffin in the low post (who had been dominating me all quarter), so I quickly tried to double-team him. He spins out of the post to drive to the basket and my two defenders collapse on him. I thought I made a good decision, but Crawford was left wide open for 3 and Griffin kicked it out to him. My defense couldn't rotate over in time, and Crawford tied it up.

My next offensive possession I drained a three after the defense collapsed on a driving Kyrie Irving and I kicked it out to the open shooter, 87-84. However, my defense just had no answer for the low-post-and-kick-out offense of the Clippers in the 4th, as this time Billups received the kick-out pass and drained an open 3, 87-87. Feeling a little desperate, I decided to let Kyrie handle this himself. He drives in, goes up for the layup, but gets EMPHATICALLY blocked by Deandre Jordan and Eric Bledsoe pulls away on the fastbreak, 87-89 with only 10 seconds left.

I need a score, so of course I go back to Kyrie Irving. All game I've been able to blow past Bledsoe and/or Billups and get to the basket (Paul left in free agency), but on this final possession they had me locked down. I was forced to throw up a well-guarded step-back jumper from 25 feet at the buzzer, it hits the rim, then the backboard, then the rim again... and then rolls out. I lose, 87-89. By far the best game I've played all year. WOW!

Enjoy this one
Old 02-09-2013, 10:00 AM   #624
Rookie

OVR: 5

Been following all of the updates on the ps3 and these are getting better and better. The only problem I have had is games being a bit too high scoring and yeah, that's due to my playing style, not the sliders.

As an experiment I raised game speed by +5 to 60 and lowered player speed by -5 to 33. Result was a 103-96 win with both teams ending in low 80's in FGA. Not suggesting the speed needs to be changed in the default set. Just pointing out that small changes, with personal tweaks tailored to one's style of play, to this awesome set of sliders can result in an even better game.

I normally play one season per version of 2k. I usually start burning out when I get to about game 60 and it becomes a grind to keep on and get to the playoffs. With these sliders I have played 70 games and am still looking forward to each one of them.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »