Home

Tempo-Freelance-RunPlays

This is a discussion on Tempo-Freelance-RunPlays within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-10-2013, 10:23 AM   #217
MVP

OVR: 19
Re: Tempo-Freelance-RunPlays

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serra11
But the AI always follows the player touches tendencies and if you have on the court,at the same time,two mega-stars,a first offensive option of an average team and a solid third offensive option...Battier has no chance to see a play for him(like in real life).
If that's true, which I believe it is, why would anyone think that changing Coaching Profile Shot Location sliders would effect playcalling? What I've noticed in a season I have with Chicago is, most games the CPU will call a lot of plays for Rose and Boozer because they have the highest touches. During the 3rd game, when I was starting to think I would need to change formulas to get Deng more involved, they started calling plays for him and he scored over 20.

My belief is that the AI goes solely off of the touches tendency and doesn't factor in individual/coach tendencies at all. For instance, if you wanted to set Perkins touches at 100 while giving him 0's in all Shot Location Tendencies, then give everybody else on the Thunder 0 in touches and 100's in all Shot Location tendencies, I think the AI will always call plays for Perkins. Before the play is finished, somebody else will probably take the shot, but the play will always be called for Perkins.
Acts 2:38. Let the truth be told.
John 4:23. He is seeking a seeker.
John 3:20. Say no to normal.
Old 04-10-2013, 01:50 PM   #218
Pro

bigtreydawg's Arena

OVR: 2

I'm beginning to think that the inside shot tendency has an effect on whether a player will drive.

With drive the lane at 0 there was signifacantly more 3pt attempts but with it at 100 Miller and Allen would catch the ball the ball and instead of spotting up for their shot they would drive. They would get bumped and they would pass away. This particular scenario happened 4 times in freelance with ample time in the shot clock.

I was careful to only gage situations where the offensive was not being pressured by time constraints.

With ball movement as good as it is now that the freelance tendencies jive so well, I fear my opinions are becoming more subjective.

DTL at 100 makes everyone run the break (off ball), so the pushing from the ball handler is just him getting swept up in the momentum of the action.

Same with pick and rolls, right. Maybe the ball handler is attacking more because the roll man did a great job of drawing the defense away.

I'm gonna do another test but this time with Chalmers as the one on with drive the lane at 100. If he turns into a ball hog this should be good evidence.

Thanks for the coach profile test.

I think the game "rides the hot hand" to a small extent when it comes to play calling.

Hornececk did not get an unrealistic amount of plays called for him and Malone was still very much involved in the offense.

I think raising Stockton's touch tendency resulted in more pick and rolls between him and Malone and since that is considered a play being called for Malone the game was ok with giving Hornececk extra looks.

Don't wear yourself out lol. What do you want to tackle next? Fast break is really interesting to me because its been really consistant the entire time we've been messing with drive the lane.

We both noticed how it tends to "shut off" right before a shot goes up.

Lets see if we can establish a low Tempo Heat team that gets 20+ on the break and still plays decent.

I've been moving offensive tempo to either 0 or 50 for testing purposes and I can say for sure 0 is bad. Way too many close calls with the shot clock leading to spin cycle followed by bad shot. But I think 50 may be too high for the Heat.

Since I now feel comfortable that lowering the coach profile inside and close sliders only affects shot attempts from that location, I really feel like I'm on my way to getting great stats and gameplay without sliders. But I imagine when we're done with this we can say this is a legit coach profile for the Heat. I imagine we'll differ a bit since you have midrange and what not turned up in your in game sliders.

Last edited by bigtreydawg; 04-10-2013 at 02:02 PM.
Old 04-11-2013, 06:06 AM   #219
MVP

Melbournelad's Arena

OVR: 6

Slimm or treydawg, what sliders or coaching profiles would i need to adjust to get the CPU to slightly slow their pace down? Every game when i check the box score i always have at least 5 minutes more possession time than they did.
Old 04-11-2013, 07:03 AM   #220
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melbournelad
Slimm or treydawg, what sliders or coaching profiles would i need to adjust to get the CPU to slightly slow their pace down? Every game when i check the box score i always have at least 5 minutes more possession time than they did.
Fastbreak in coach profile and drive the lane and attack the basket tendencies of the players.
Old 04-11-2013, 07:19 AM   #221
Pro

bigtreydawg's Arena

Quote:
Fastbreak in coach profile and drive the lane and attack the basket tendencies of the players.
All of that will slow down the sprinting, but for possession time that is largely the Tempo slider.

Offensive Tempo calms a team down in the half court. Having it on 0 is really bad and results in the shot clock getting too low where the CPU will panic and put up a bad shot.

Last edited by bigtreydawg; 04-11-2013 at 07:22 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-11-2013, 07:40 AM   #222
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtreydawg
All of that will slow down the sprinting, but for possession time that is largely the Tempo slider.

Offensive Tempo calms a team down in the half court. Having it on 0 is really bad and results in the shot clock getting too low where the CPU will panic and put up a bad shot.
Of course you are rightbut,as you has just written,with Tempo low,this game becomes really ugly.
With low tempo the cpu players seem to think"yeah I can take this shoot or pass but...naaaa there's time...oh wait...2 seconds remaining now!!!!" and boom.An horrible,forced shot.Every action.

With high tempo the flow of a st play is better and if a player has an opportunity,he will take it.
But in this case,individual tendencies have to be absolutely exact!
Old 04-11-2013, 08:25 AM   #223
Pro

bigtreydawg's Arena

Quote:
Of course you are rightbut,as you has just written,with Tempo low,this game becomes really ugly.
With low tempo the cpu players seem to think"yeah I can take this shoot or pass but...naaaa there's time...oh wait...2 seconds remaining now!!!!" and boom.An horrible,forced shot.Every action.

With high tempo the flow of a st play is better and if a player has an opportunity,he will take it.
But in this case,individual tendencies have to be absolutely exact!
And I use to think that tempo had to reside on the high end of the spectrum (60+) to see good ball movement and shot selection but after making these hot spot and freelance edits I think I can drop the heat to somewhere in the 40s (maybe the 30s) and still get solid gameplay.

I like what you said about tendencies being really important for higher tempo. You're likely to see real head scratchers if a player isn't like his real life counter part when the game is played at a faster pace.

Currently I like the changes that I've made to the shooting scale SLIMM provided (I hope the sim stats hold up) but Lebron's tendency to take an inside shot is irresponsibly high lol. I'm hoping that lowering the coach profile inside shot should make that a non issue.

After this next test with just Chalmers I'm gonna see what SLIMM and I can agree on as far as DTL goes. I don't imagine I'll change his mind but after all this testing I'm a little more confident in the way I'm gonna approach editing that tendency. A lot of the overall aggressiveness can be manipulated through the coach profile. So if the Chalmers test gives me the results I expect I think I'm gonna cap DTL at 50.

As for Fastbreaks,

SLIMM, I'm curious to know how much of an effect, if any, Tempo will have on fastbreak. Have you been consistently landing between 14 -18 fastbreak points during the fluctuation of these attack tendencies.

If so, fastbreak might be a really obvious, stand alone tendency. Probably the only one in the game. I think that just a little bump (55 - 60) might be way too many Fastbreak points since the "window" of what is considered a fastbreak and the inevitable shot attempt is really small.

Last edited by bigtreydawg; 04-11-2013 at 10:37 AM.
Old 04-11-2013, 09:21 AM   #224
MVP

Melbournelad's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtreydawg
And I use to think that tempo had to reside on the high end of the spectrum (60+) to see good ball movement and shot selection but after making these hot spot and freelance edits I think I can drop the heat to somewhere in the 40s (maybe the 30s) and still get solid gameplay.

I like what you said about tendencies being really important for higher tempo. You're likely to see real head scratchers if a players isn't like his real life counter part when the game is played at a faster pace.

Currently I like the changes that I've made to the shooting scale SLIMM provided (I hope the sim stats hold up) but Lebron's tendency to take an inside shot is irresponsibly high lol. I'm hoping that lowering the coach profile inside shot should make that a non issue.

After this next test with just Chalmers I'm gonna see what SLIMM and I can agree on as far as DTL goes. I don't imagine I'll change his mind but after all this testing I'm a little more confident in the way I'm gonna approach editing that tendency. A lot of the overall aggressiveness can be manipulated through the coach profile. So if the Chalmers test gives me the results I expect I think I'm gonna cap DTL at 50.

As for Fastbreaks,

SLIMM, I'm curious to know how much of an effect, if any, Tempo will have on fastbreak. Have you been consistently landing between 14 -18 fastbreak points during the fluctuation of these attack tendencies.

If so, fastbreak might be a really obvious, stand alone tendency. Probably the only one in the game. I think that just a little bump (55 - 60) might be way too many Fastbreak points since the "window" of what is considered a fastbreak and the inevitable shot attempt is really small.
Thanks for the answer on possession time, yeah i'm using the Collab roster and paul_pierce has offensive tempo for every team set at 100. I don't want to mess the results he has acheived too much, but do you think i would be better off having offensive tempo at about 80 for each team?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »