Home

Tempo-Freelance-RunPlays

This is a discussion on Tempo-Freelance-RunPlays within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-23-2013, 12:32 AM   #649
Pro

OVR: 8
Re: Tempo-Freelance-RunPlays

Bigtreydawg "The higher the coach profile take close shot is the more likely everyone will post up when they have the ball."

Shouldn't the Tendencies under Coach Profiles be either: 50 for all tendencies. So the player's ratings have the most impact? Or should the Coach Tendencies all be at Zero?
Old 04-23-2013, 12:37 AM   #650
MVP

OVR: 25

Bigtrey, with your 'higher on ball D' with lower quickness suggestion.

How would you handle a player like Dominique Wilkins?

I want him to have quickness for offense yet be an average on ball defender at best.
Old 04-23-2013, 12:42 AM   #651
MVP

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agame
Bigtreydawg "The higher the coach profile take close shot is the more likely everyone will post up when they have the ball."

Shouldn't the Tendencies under Coach Profiles be either: 50 for all tendencies. So the player's ratings have the most impact? Or should the Coach Tendencies all be at Zero?
Neither.

Some of the coach profile settings have no correlation to the player tendencies.

Tempo being the obvious example. You for sure do not want this at 0. 100 would be a rare occasion when you have to really push the gameplay to get the results you want(like I may have to do with the 90-91 Nuggets who averaged 119.9 ppg). With it at 50 every team will operate their half court offense at the relatively the same speed which is not the case in the NBA.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2013, 12:52 AM   #652
Pro

bigtreydawg's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by qpc123

I want him to have quickness for offense yet be an average on ball defender at best.
I was just thinking about that. Dirk is a horrible defender but great on offense. I wish quickness didn't go both ways.

Since we know that on ball D needs to hover around 80 to consistently see physical animations, maybe we could drop it just a little bit for the quicker guys so that their offensive performance doesn't suffer.

I'd hate to lower their quickness. Just to make sure that they stay bad defenders.
Old 04-23-2013, 01:09 AM   #653
Pro

bigtreydawg's Arena

Quote:

I'm gonna blame the developers for it not being the case that 50 should extend to all the shot locations in the coach profile.

For whatever reason 3pt shot needs to be high in order to see the appropriate amount of 3s

inside needs to be lower to cut down on absurd passing back in forth in the paint.

And I usually have my close shot lower than inside because no one shoots from there and I wanted to cut down on the amount of (completely unguardable) floaters from point guards. I did not think it would negatively effect the freelance post game but given the trend of finding out all the aspects of 2k we've broken by touching stuff I'm not too surprised. I'll post a new scale once I get done messing around with it.

But with the changes I'm about to make I can say for sure that if you have a guard or a forward that doesn't shoot floaters do not give him a "runner" tendency.
Old 04-23-2013, 01:20 AM   #654
Pro

bigtreydawg's Arena

Quote:
Here's what I would like if possible:

Q. If you would: You're ratings in alll for Ray Allen, Shane B., Chalmers, Wade.

Hyper or Serra If you would: your complete ratings for Bosh, Anderson, Haslem, & Anthony please.

Big. If you would: your complete ratings for James, Miller, Cole, Lewis.

(Jones & Howard I'll do based off above players ratings).

I just want to see what happens when I pool all the data & play a few games. Seems like you guys have a lot of idea's. Lets try them out.

Or. If its too much work for my request. No problem
That is way too much work. If the others agree I will do it but ouch man!
Old 04-23-2013, 05:28 AM   #655
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimm44
@ Bigtrey - I think with other FL tendencies being "active" (above 0) and plays being assigned, it's a good thing for us to use the Iso FL tendency. I'm also thinking about lowering the Post Up FL tendency to 0 for any player who's not COMPLETELY dominant in the post and who really took a lot of shots in the post ie Shaq, Olajuwon, etc.

Reason is, the higher the Post Up Tendency, the more you see the animation of one person setting a screen and the person who is posting up will come across the lane and "flash" for the entry pass. This is one of the most absurd animations in the game. I can't remember the last time I saw that happen, on any level of basketball, EVER. Makes me angry just typing about it.

Back to the ISO FL tendency, in testing I had it at 100 for all starters, all play types at None, and all other FL tendencies at 0. In that extreme test, if the ISO didn't result in a shot or a drive/kick for a shot, it would almost always end with Lebron standing at the 3PT line and Haslem would come and Spot Up, then cut around 6 feet away, then return to the orginal Spot Up Location. This would be OK, but the original Spot Up Location for Haslem was BEHIND Lebron, around 30 feet from the basket. Me no likey.

That being said, I haven't seen that nearly as much when there are play types and other FL tendencies applied.

Another thing that I noticed is that it seems the AI will only try to "activate" one FL sequence per possession. For instance, I didn't see a single possession where two PNR's were ran, two ISO's were ran, two Post Up's were ran, etc. There were times where the pick setter would flash from the low post to the PNR ball handler and the ball handler would make a pass before the PNR sequence was totally activated. In times like that, the pick setter would try to set another pick. However, once the ball handler uses a pick, I don't think the AI will activate another FL situation at all, just ball movement until a turnover, shot attempt, or end of the shot clock madness begins.

Hope this helps.

Also, I may not be around for a while. I have a business meeting tomorrow morning at 8:00AM where I get to "learn" that my company is laying off 24 of it's 49 employees. I know I'm not one of them, so that's good. However, I may not have much time to be around after tomorrow. I'm in the middle of helping my company develop a business plan so we can keep the doors open. I thought we were out of this mess, but we're not, and I gotta do whatever I can to make sure the ship doesn't sink.

If you pray, please do so for me and my family. I can see God doing some amazing things behind the scenes (PM me if you want details, don't want to breach TOS), but this is definitely the most confusing time I've ever had. Hopefully, I get to talk to you guys again soon.
I wish you all the best things for you,your family and your work!
Hope to see you soon again here in OS with positive news.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2013, 05:43 AM   #656
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by qpc123

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtreydawg
I was just thinking about that. Dirk is a horrible defender but great on offense. I wish quickness didn't go both ways.

Since we know that on ball D needs to hover around 80 to consistently see physical animations, maybe we could drop it just a little bit for the quicker guys so that their offensive performance doesn't suffer.

I'd hate to lower their quickness. Just to make sure that they stay bad defenders.
Do you think there's no possibility that quickness is just a defensive rating???
Like the ability to do fast lateral movements in a defensive stance???

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »