Home

Armor & Sword's All Pro Custom Simulation (15 Min Quarters) Style Sliders

This is a discussion on Armor & Sword's All Pro Custom Simulation (15 Min Quarters) Style Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-21-2015, 10:34 AM   #1609
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: Armor & Sword's All Pro Custom Simulation Style Sliders

The fumble slider, the lower number means less fumbles or more?
Old 09-21-2015, 10:41 AM   #1610
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Armor & Sword's All Pro Custom Simulation (15 Min Quarters) Style Sliders

This is a question for anyone who follows this thread. In terms of CPU player progression, what have you guys been using? Weekly? Every Four Weeks? etc. etc.
Old 09-21-2015, 10:49 AM   #1611
Pro

I also get to really fulfill my dreams of replicating The Greatest Show on Turf!!!

I traded for Odell Beckham and Amari Cooper lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2015, 10:55 AM   #1612
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD
I am finding that pass coverage is a bit weak, especially while in zone coverage. I am also having a heck of a time get any form of pass rush.
- Turn up your Coverage and Reaction by 5 clicks and go from there. This game demands precise play calling, line of scrimmage adjustments, double teaming star players, shading.....you have to really make adjustments on the fly. As far as the pass rush it feel rewarding and right. Last year it was a train wreck of 8-10 sacks a game sometimes. This years game is realistic in that regard and you need to blitz at the right times to get pressure sometimes and I already have turned down the CPU pass blocking to 43 so that sweet spot IMO is right there (at least for me). If your not getting any pressure then turn it down to 40. Defense is no joke to play and be successful with this year. You are going to get more offensive games than defensive games on this years game....just like the NFL is doing now IRL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandwin
The fumble slider, the lower number means less fumbles or more?
- The lower the number the more you will see. It is perfect IMO where it is at. Also rain games you will see more...also use the strip button (R1) to create turnovers when you can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asandique
This is a question for anyone who follows this thread. In terms of CPU player progression, what have you guys been using? Weekly? Every Four Weeks? etc. etc.
- For the 31 teams I let the CPU control I have it set to weekly. In regards to my own team I do not use XP till the pre-season of year two and going forward always in the pre-season as I look at that as mini-camp, OTA's and when players progress for me. Keeps things balanced vs the CPU IMO.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23

Last edited by Armor and Sword; 09-21-2015 at 10:57 AM.
Old 09-21-2015, 11:16 AM   #1613
PMO
Banned

PMO's Arena

OVR: 1

Hey Armor what type of line of scrimmage adjustments do you often make? I tend to just pinch or spread out the DL/LB, neither seem to do too much for me really

Also when it comes to DB changes like you said shade/double team, I find I don't have enough time to do this at all, the CPU gets up to the line snaps fairly quickly ya know.
Old 09-21-2015, 11:31 AM   #1614
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMO
Hey Armor what type of line of scrimmage adjustments do you often make? I tend to just pinch or spread out the DL/LB, neither seem to do too much for me really

Also when it comes to DB changes like you said shade/double team, I find I don't have enough time to do this at all, the CPU gets up to the line snaps fairly quickly ya know.
Before I even come out of my huddle I have plan for that particular down and distance.

For example let's say the CPU has been carving me up in the run game.

I am expecting another run.

I call a 2 man under....I know the first two adjustments I will make are DL pinch and LB spread. Bang bang. Then when I see the them come out I also make a decision based on the formation and what side of the hash they be on if I will add a quick run commit left, right or middle to those two mentioned above.

Let's say the CPU has been hitting Dez Bryant early and often. I come out in a zone 3 defense but I know I will immediately quick adjust the CB to man up on him and press, quick adjust the safety on his side to double and then quickly adjust my CB to shade him inside or outside.

It's tough because you are right, the CPU snaps the ball pretty quickly. I can usually get in at least two adjustments on defense and sometimes three when I have "A Plan" before I break my huddle. Also I will pass commit if I am certain a pass is coming.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 09-21-2015, 11:35 AM   #1615
PMO
Banned

PMO's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
Before I even come out of my huddle I have plan for that particular down and distance.

For example let's say the CPU has been carving me up in the run game.

I am expecting another run.

I call a 2 man under....I know the first two adjustments I will make are DL pinch and LB spread. Bang bang. Then when I see the them come out I also make a decision based on the formation and what side of the hash they be on if I will add a quick run commit left, right or middle to those two mentioned above.

Let's say the CPU has been hitting Dez Bryant early and often. I come out in a zone 3 defense but I know I will immediately quick adjust the CB to man up on him and press, quick adjust the safety on his side to double and then quickly adjust my CB to shade him inside or outside.

It's tough because you are right, the CPU snaps the ball pretty quickly. I can usually get in at least two adjustments on defense and sometimes three when I have "A Plan" before I break my huddle. Also I will pass commit if I am certain a pass is coming.
Good info man, thank you
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2015, 12:24 PM   #1616
MVP

OVR: 8

Hey guys...just thought I'd share some adjustments that I made to tdawg's Excel sheet. Before I get into it though, tdawg did the majority of the set-up and legwork on this and was kind enough to share it with everyone else. tdawg...if you've got an issue with me posting my changes to your sheet, feel free to PM me and I'll delete this post. Otherwise, everyone should know that he created the initial sheet and did a great job. I just wanted to adjust a couple things for myself and thought I'd share.

So...I didn't do anything all that major but I decided that I wanted the ability to quickly adjust the "re-sign rate" instead of always using the same range that A&S uses. This gives you two ways to do this:
1) Globally - Want a lot of resignings? Set the Global resign % to 80. You'll see roughly 80% of the players flagged to re-sign. Want more action in free agency? Set it to 10 and you'll see more free agents.
2) Team-specific - Change the Resign setting to Team-specific. Change the Team resign % to whatever you want for each team. Think the Raiders have a good solid base of young players? Set it to 75 and the spreadsheet with help keep the nucleus together. Want the Broncos to go into "rebuild mode" after Peyton retires? Set it to 10 and the sheet will let more of their guys walk.

Of course, you can always change the setting from year to year as well as the rates. Just another way to mix up storylines if you like the idea that A&S suggested.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Madden 16 CFM Tools_Variable.zip (22.8 KB, 22 views)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »