Home

The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch)

This is a discussion on The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch) within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-15-2011, 02:05 PM   #1097
MVP

OVR: 16
Re: The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mourf
I've Tried the new set.

My average of shot is good.

but I don't understand why i've got totaly different stat than the person who have post before AkaDmeik and Kongemeir who have good TO' score but in my game there's too much.

Total rebound and Block are weird too.

Will try another game later but not really convicted maybe it's my fault.
Post the pics.

I have to say that these dudes stats look very, very good. But, I also know exactly what you mean. Almost done.
Old 01-15-2011, 04:01 PM   #1098
MVP

Adjusted Help D Coach Profiles slightly.
Old 01-15-2011, 05:22 PM   #1099
Rookie

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenieblue
Go get them people!

Geebo, let me ask you, did you use www.hoopdata.com to adjust player shot tendencies (inside, close, mid, 3pt)?
I implemented whatever Nogster used. Should I check out hoopdata.com for a future release?
Quote:
Adjusted Help D Coach Profiles slightly.
Thanks for the update, they will be implemented in the new version.

New York Knicks

New York Yankees
Green Bay Packers
Italia Azzuri National Team

Old 01-15-2011, 05:41 PM   #1100
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Post the pics.

I have to say that these dudes stats look very, very good. But, I also know exactly what you mean. Almost done.
It's maybe cause the Offense Sliders are in relation with others sliders (tedencies etc) ? I've always got pre patch offense set attack (inside,close,mid, 3) for play with sst and play in 11 min. Maybe cause of that

Old 01-15-2011, 05:45 PM   #1101
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geebo
I implemented whatever Nogster used. Should I check out hoopdata.com for a future release?

Thanks for the update, they will be implemented in the new version.

It is one of the easiest things to configure in player tendencies, because the sliders must equal 100.

The easiest way to do it would be something like this (use Excel and you'd be done in no time), keep in mind that 2k counts <10 ft and 10-15 ft as Close:

Lebron James

4.5 Attempts @ Rim (Inside)

2.5 Attempts @ <10 ft. + 1.5 Attempts @ 10-15 ft. = 4 Attempts (Close)

5.5 Attempts @ 16-23 ft. (Mid)

3.6 Attempts @ 3pt. (3pt)

100/(4.5 (Inside) + 4 (Close) + 5.5 (Mid) + 3.6 (3pt) = 17.6)

or

100/17.6 = 5.681818181818182

then

4.5 (Inside) * 5.681818181818182 = 25.56818181818182

4 (Close) * 5.681818181818182 = 22.72727272727273

5.5 (Mid) * 5.681818181818182 = 31.25

3.6 (3pt) * 5.681818181818182 = 20.45454545454546

thus

Inside Shot Tendency= 26

Close Shot Tendency= 23

Mid Shot Tendency= 31

3pt Shot Tendency= 20

=

Obviously this all could be done quite easily in Excel by copying and pasting from the website and using one or two formulas.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-15-2011, 06:34 PM   #1102
Rookie

OVR: 11

Seems easy enough, but unfortunately I'm not so fluent in Excel, and Grad classes resumes for me on Tuesday so I'm going to be pressed for time. But if someone makes the spreadsheet I would have no problem implementing them into my next update.

New York Knicks

New York Yankees
Green Bay Packers
Italia Azzuri National Team

Old 01-15-2011, 08:00 PM   #1103
Rookie

OVR: 0

Hey Again All,

I wanted to give some feedback on games I had during my marathon 16 hour session.

The games were reasonable, all things considered, except I noticed that due to the passing and ball handling slider changes that when you attempt to pass out of a sticky situation or even a normal situation like a top of the 3 to one side or the other the ball will go flying out of bounds, sometimes over their heads! Even with this I was winning the turnover battle in each game by a turnover or two. Offensive rebounds are still an issue, this would account for the AI almost always shooting 3-10 more shots per game.

I had a really interesting game where I scored 42 points in the fourth quarter to almost come back with the spurs against the thunder. I wrote about this game. I was tinkering with the shot sliders while I was playing and forgot to change the CPU's, thus giving them an advantage they didn't need with OKC at home. Durant, Westbrook, Sefolosha, and co. all shot well over 50% and Jeff Green flew over for dunks. The final score was something like 124-116. Nice game.

Then I deleted and added the coach profile settings. If you download Rosters do you get these? I'm considering the Rashidi 2K insider or another Roster file. Though it is very stat oriented with Chris Paul being the best player. I'm not sure he's even the best PG and certainly not by five overall points, but that's another thread discussion.

I also played two games with the Bulls, which were grind it out. This is where the passing became quite wonky and both my team and the CPU Piston team had quite a few turnovers. Also, free throw attempts were wild. I could get to the line frequently, almost every time with Rose using the shot stick and got a lot of and 1's as well. Likely too many. BTW I hate their playbook.

The next game I tweaked the sliders just a bit more. I played the 76ers and something was going on with the free throws. I had to change it back to shot stick release after awhile because I was literally shooting 33%, which is unheard of. Partially this was due to something going on with the Xbox controller where it would disconnect and I'd have to press the middle button. It might be these "Pure Rechargable Alkaline Batteries" that I use. Late in the game I became so frustrated, tired, and disoriented that I had to shut the game off.

I think these sliders are excellent. The problems that we encounter such as the passing, the rebounding, and so forth are inherent in the interface. Keep the discussion going.

I know there's quite a bit of content here, but I have a hard time finding direct answers to questions and I wanted to pose a few queries that are important to the overall realism of the game that we are all after.

How do people draw charges?

How do you get bounce passes and more effective passing?

Anyone know of some solid sources for gameplay discussion threads?

Cheers,

Empeythree
Old 01-15-2011, 08:06 PM   #1104
Rookie

OVR: 1

Are these new sliders online already? I only see 2.4

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »