Home

Matt10's Madden 19 Sliders

This is a discussion on Matt10's Madden 19 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-15-2018, 07:54 PM   #2033
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Matt10's Madden 19 Sliders

Matt do u use AM or AP

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 12-15-2018, 09:04 PM   #2034
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

^ I use both, AP for home and AM for away.

Posting set now. Sorry for delay. Well worth the wait though.
Old 12-15-2018, 09:25 PM   #2035
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Slider Update Log

12/15/18 - Here is Version 21.

Spent a bit of time combing through feedback, and validating the concerns. Thankfully not many, but just a couple adjustments needed to really calm Version 20 down. I think I've done this now by not having to modify penalty sliders and not modifying threshold. Yet, the coverage is tighter, the run game less explosive and the animations are good, if not better, than before.

With that said here are the changes:
Pass Blocking: 48/48 (from 52/52)
• Version 21: The issue with PBL is that it not only affects the pass game, but it also affects the run game. I was trying to figure out why the run game still felt sticky and a bit easy on both sides. Tackle value was a possibility, but that didn't help the disengagement of the OL/DL. Dropping this value down is absolutely key to this set, and it has now allowed the proper amount of disengage for both the passing and run game.

WR Catch: 38/38 (from 42/42)
• Version 21: I was needing to find a way to re-sync the pass coverage due to the lowering of PBL. So, adjusting the WRC was one of the last things I had thought about as a solution. Pleasantly surprised with how much better the interaction is between a DB/WR now. Rarely stopping on routes except for the occasional poor match-up in a playaction. The best part is the drop counts have not changed, and catches in traffic can still happen, not to mention the occasional diving catch. Quite content here.

Pass Defense Reaction Time: 48/48 (from 40/40)
• Version 21: The good thing is this value plays true to its number, but is still based on what the INT and PCV values are, not to mention the PBL + WRC. Good mix of attempts at picks and also swats. Found myself in replay quite a lot to see the defender's reactions.
*Note, there are no changes to Special Teams or Penalty slider values.*

Game Settings

If you provide feedback, please advise of any modifications you have done from this OP set. Also, please include if you are providing feedback on All-Madden or All-Pro. Thank you!

Skill Level: All-Pro or All-Madden

Rosters: EA Default (Active or Preseason)

Auto-subs: Default

Game Speed: Normal

Game Style: Simulation

Quarter Length: 9 minutes

Accelerated Clock: Off

Gameplay Helpers

Ball Carrier Special Move: Manual

Defensive Auto Strafe: Off

Defensive Ball Hawk: Off

Defensive Heat Seeker Assist: Off

Defensive Switch Assist: Off

Game Options

Injuries: 13
• No changes. Kudos to Tommy again for these as it allows such a nice balance of entire game injuries, temporary injuries, different severity, just good overall mixture.

Fatigue: 50
• No changes. The stamina gauge doesn't deplete with the slow down animation anymore, so I'm much happier with seeing this to come back up.

Min Player Threshold: 15
• No changes. Dropped this down further from 30, and found a nice spot with 15. Paired up with the PBL value and PCV, this really made a big difference in separating players further, and releasing them of their forcefield chains.

Player/CPU Skill Settings
*Community PC file: "Matt10V21" (pending, tbd)
*Community PS4 file: "Matt10V21" (pending, hosted by Escobar)

QB Accuracy: 40/40 All-Pro & All-Madden
• No changes. I've kept the 40 for both AP and AM here. The reason being is that I want more risks being taken by the QB in the harder difficulty. The QBA value is just enough that not every pass is a floater to the sideline, and has enough zip onto it when there is a sure pass. From there it is a matter of whether the QB is being pressured and how they deal with it paired with their ratings.

Pass Blocking: 48/48
• Version 21: The issue with PBL is that it not only affects the pass game, but it also affects the run game. I was trying to figure out why the run game still felt sticky and a bit easy on both sides. Tackle value was a possibility, but that didn't help the disengagement of the OL/DL. Dropping this value down is absolutely key to this set, and it has now allowed the proper amount of disengage for both the passing and run game.

WR Catch: 38/38
• Version 21: I was needing to find a way to re-sync the pass coverage due to the lowering of PBL. So, adjusting the WRC was one of the last things I had thought about as a solution. Pleasantly surprised with how much better the interaction is between a DB/WR now. Rarely stopping on routes except for the occasional poor match-up in a playaction. The best part is the drop counts have not changed, and catches in traffic can still happen, not to mention the occasional diving catch. Quite content here.

Run Blocking: 50/50
• No changes. The CPU no longer needs an advantage here. They do quite well to find gaps, and stick to their game. I found it interesting how post patch it is much harder to defend the run in some situations, but lowering RBL was not an option as that creates poor angles taken by the pulling guards, etc versus actually legit being beaten across the line.

Fumbles: 49/49
• No changes. Actually had to drop this down because the running backs would cut aross the grain unnecessarily at times. They are not avoiding the gap by any means, but they were also trying to get to an OL blocking for them versus going north/south when necesary with it at 50 for some reason.

Pass Defense Reaction Time: 48/48
• Version 21: The good thing is this value plays true to its number, but is still based on what the INT and PCV values are, not to mention the PBL + WRC. Good mix of attempts at picks and also swats. Found myself in replay quite a lot to see the defender's reactions.

Interceptions: 35/35
• No changes. Dropped this one a bit from 40 because defenders were choosing the intercept animation instead of deflecting passes.

Pass Coverage: 50/50
• No changes. This is the normalized value. I had kept it at 40 and lower for a while, but the lower threshold needs to have a little love to it, but not so much that it is mirroring the routes. I found it interesting that in previous patches this value was reversed, but am finding that it fairly true, but it also does not have as big of an impact this patch update compared to ones before. I believe this is because the zone improvement helps an overall coverage standpoint, but when paired with a higher, sticky, threshold, it makes animations too uniform, which causes the logic of the play to fall by the wayside.

Tackling: 38/38
• No changes. Still good. The higher tackles brought in solid tackle animations, but it became easily 1v1 drills, and the defender won each time. The under 40 tackle value brings in such better animations from missed tackles, to wrap up tackles, to gangtackling, momentum forward/backward tackles.

Special Teams
*note separate values from User/CPU can be changed in Main Menu, however there is no proof that the values import as separate in a franchise*

FG Power: 55/55
• I've said it before, but I like that "oomph!" in the kick. This not only allows that to happen, but it allows the accuracy value to be modified under 50 as well so there are no random driven soccer kicks into the crossbar.

FG Accuracy: 48/50
• Bumped this up for the CPU because seen 90+ kpw kickers come up well short and bar level, just wasn't realistic. Kept the FG power because still need that oomph.

Punt Power: 48/48
• May have mentioned it before, but this value is super sensitive. There is a 10-yard glitch though that happens when punting into the wind, so just be on the lookout with those. However, I did want less powered punts into the endzone that would get the punter fired on the spot if he did once in a game, let alone the multiple times this game allows it.

Punt Accuracy: 44/44
• Version 20 Dropped this one a tad more because way too much perfect punts by both user and CPU. Have to force myself to make a bad punt sometimes. The amount of back bouncing is crazy.

Kickoff Power: 48/48
• Good value here to get the ball struck perfectly through the endzone, or come up short of the goal-line.

Penalties

All Penalties Set to Default 50 or ON
• As I said, I have enjoyed modifying the gameplay by using the power of the penalty sliders with a zero threshold, but that became a bit of a balancing act that got a bit over my head and patience. It skewed feedback because not only was I relying on feedback of the gameplay sliders, I also needed to receive confirmation that the penalty values were also adhered to. This became a sense of second guessing and inconsistency as a result. I believe having these as default are good for the set, but definitely adjust them as you see fit.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-15-2018, 09:32 PM   #2036
Rookie

So excited to get these plugged in! Also wanted to say I just finished almost whole season using V20, and it was pretty much perfect - I messed with penalties a couple times but I think it plays better the way you have it. Just lost in the NFC champ by 3 points
Also love the idea of doing AM on the road, think I’ll try that out
Old 12-15-2018, 09:41 PM   #2037
MVP

Jagsfan24's Arena

I will try this new version out tonight, can’t wait
Old 12-15-2018, 10:28 PM   #2038
Pro

stormchaserck19's Arena

OVR: 3

Someone buy this man a car! But seriously, Matt, I don’t think we can thank you enough for the amount of time you’ve spend with this game. I can’t wait to plug these in and try them!
Old 12-15-2018, 11:11 PM   #2039
Rookie

Do you import the sliders from MM into CFM

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 12-15-2018, 11:31 PM   #2040
MVP

bravesfan1984's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
^ I use both, AP for home and AM for away.

Posting set now. Sorry for delay. Well worth the wait though.
I really like this idea

Sent from my SM-G965U using Operation Sports mobile app

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »