Home
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-24-2013, 09:50 PM   #81
Pro
 
bigtreydawg's Arena
 
OVR: 2
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: The Vic
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Tempo-Freelance-RunPlays

Quote:
Originally Posted by StickSkillz
What about a player like Lebron who posts up & also Spots up?

I have his Freelance Tendencies like:
Iso:100
Spot up: 100
Post Up: 100
Use Pick: 100
Touches at 23 (highest on team)
and everything else at 0

I wasn't saying you said that just was asking for your input
I keep forgetting you can't gage the tone of voice someone is using through text. I wasn't upset, sorry about that.

Why do you have all of them maxed out? How with the CPU show favoritism to any specific one? That is literally the same as setting everything to 1. I am finding that having a high spot up and a high use pick are not mutually exclusive. So having spot up at 100 is cool but he doesn't need a pick to get his offense going all the time.

My Lebron (lol) has a spot up of 100 and a use pick of 20. That's it. I have Bosh designated as my post up guy amongst the starters.

I only set his pick and roll hot spot 50/50 at the corner positions so those are the only locations he will receive a freelance pick and roll.

For spot up hotspots I put him baseline, left wing, and top of the key. That doesn't matter necessarily I just do that because he drives to his right most of the time. It is important to not that he is a good rebounder so having him near the basket is important because most freelance situations occur before a shot goes up.

A lot of people complain that their Kevin Love is not getting enough rebounds. That is because he has too many hotspot locations behind the 3 point line. Put him at the baseline and call pick and pop plays for him.

Last edited by bigtreydawg; 03-24-2013 at 09:56 PM.
bigtreydawg is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2013, 12:23 AM   #82
MVP
 
OVR: 15
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Saint Louis MO
Re: Tempo-Freelance-RunPlays

Good thread, I wish 2k addressed things like the coach profiles and players tendencies,hotspots, makes a world of difference in the gameplay.
STLRams is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 02:32 AM   #83
Rookie
 
OVR: 5
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: RipCity
Re: Tempo-Freelance-RunPlays

I'm not really understanding what should the coach profile sliders for each team be set at?
TheTrueHooperAIO is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 10:00 PM   #84
MVP
 
OVR: 15
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Saint Louis MO
Re: Tempo-Freelance-RunPlays

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTrueHooperAIO
I'm not really understanding what should the coach profile sliders for each team be set at?
This is something I have been trying also. Based on the info in this thread, and info people have confirmed, we should post for each team what there - 1. run plays/offensive tempo tendency should be set at. 2. Teams sg's,pg's,sf's,pf's and Centers position general freelance tendencies and spot up tendencies should be set at. This will probably greatly improve the gameplay. Also I saw earlier that someone posted about the give and go freelance tendency not working as it supposed to, and possible causes congestion in the lane/paint instead of spacing. Is this confirmed, if so should we lower this for all the players?

Last edited by STLRams; 03-27-2013 at 10:55 PM.
STLRams is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 04:59 PM   #85
Pro
 
bigtreydawg's Arena
 
OVR: 2
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: The Vic
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Tempo-Freelance-RunPlays

The coach profile is really intricate in the way certain adjustments play off of each other.

I've been trying to get it perfect before i consider some kind of spread sheet and I'm further off than I had expected because now I'm also adjusting take shot tendencies within the coach profile.

So far:

Unfortunately it appears no one on Xbox uses Slimm's rating scale for shot locations. This is important for Sim stats as well as gameplay.

Vtcrb, I've been playing with your Roster while I'm in Reditor limbo and a lot of your point guards decide on shooting floaters or runners in the lane instead of attempting a lay up. This is because their close tendency is higher than their inside shot tendency.

I'm not calling you out (this is the first problem that came to mind) every Roster I've used exhibits glaring issues when ratings aren't done in accordance to formula. No one in the Nba shoots more than 4 shots from 3 to 9 feet and most of those people are high scoring centers or power forwards.

That being said I have a coach profile formula that eliminates points in the paint issues, allows for an appropriate amount of three pointers and gives the necessary amount of fastbreak points. What's funny is it's starting to look a lot like MKHarsh33 sliders. Lol


My new problem is I need more shooting fouls which should be easy to fix once I get done with Draw/commit foul tendencies. Is anyone able to see in game what the hard foul slider does?

I want to say that any advice I give, you may not see the correlation in your game because we are all using vastly different rosters. That can not be stated enough.

Last edited by bigtreydawg; 03-28-2013 at 05:11 PM.
bigtreydawg is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-28-2013, 05:27 PM   #86
All Star
 
vtcrb's Arena
 
OVR: 40
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Virginia
Blog Entries: 42
Re: Tempo-Freelance-RunPlays

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtreydawg
The coach profile is really intricate in the way certain adjustments play off of each other.

I've been trying to get it perfect before i consider some kind of spread sheet and I'm further off than I had expected because now I'm also adjusting take shot tendencies within the coach profile.

So far:

Unfortunately it appears no one on Xbox uses Slimm's rating scale for shot locations. This is important for Sim stats as well as gameplay.

Vtcrb, I've been playing with your Roster while I'm in Reditor limbo and a lot of your point guards decide on shooting floaters or runners in the lane instead of attempting a lay up. This is because their close tendency is higher than their inside shot tendency.

I'm not calling you out (this is the first problem that came to mind) every Roster I've used exhibits glaring issues when ratings aren't done in accordance to formula. No one in the Nba shoots more than 4 shots from 3 to 9 feet and most of those people are high scoring centers or power forwards.

That being said I have a coach profile formula that eliminates points in the paint issues, allows for an appropriate amount of three pointers and gives the necessary amount of fastbreak points. What's funny is it's starting to look a lot like MKHarsh33 sliders. Lol


My new problem is I need more shooting fouls which should be easy to fix once I get done with Draw/commit foul tendencies. Is anyone able to see in game what the hard foul slider does?

I want to say that any advice I give, you may not see the correlation in your game because we are all using vastly different rosters. That can not be stated enough.

I never take things as an attack when they are worded like you put it. I am very open minded with things and am not one who gets feelings hurt or goes into a Giant Tirade because people have different opinions.

It isnt because of the Close tendency being higher than Inside tendency it is because of their Runner Tendency. It also has to do with How the Defense is playing them. PGs shoot the Most Floaters in the NBA which is why you see them shooting more. They will take the Layup if it is Open but if defenders are around they shoot the floater. Also you have to look at most shooting Charts have 5 areas and 2k ONLY has 4 Tendencies. So the way I have my system for that is: Inside 0-6 ft, Close 7-12 ft. Mid 13-22 ft and 3pt. One thing to also keep in mind by Raising the Inside Shot tendency it will Directly effect the Number of APG with Players for Simmed games. Once again this comes back to a BROKE Sim engine.

These are just MY personal views on the game, and everyone has a Different view as to what works for them. I look forward to seeing more results from your testing. It is ALL about making the game better, NOT about who is right or wrong. Keep up the great work.
__________________
NBA 2k18 Roster:
http://forums.operationsports.com/vt...okies-xboxone/




Twitter: @VTCRBTEC

Youtube Channel:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKL...1uva35l4zFEofg

Roster Editing for Over a Decade
vtcrb is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 05:29 PM   #87
MVP
 
Crossover1's Arena
 
OVR: 17
Join Date: Feb 2009
Re: Tempo-Freelance-RunPlays

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtreydawg
The coach profile is really intricate in the way certain adjustments play off of each other.

I've been trying to get it perfect before i consider some kind of spread sheet and I'm further off than I had expected because now I'm also adjusting take shot tendencies within the coach profile.

So far:

Unfortunately it appears no one on Xbox uses Slimm's rating scale for shot locations. This is important for Sim stats as well as gameplay.

Vtcrb, I've been playing with your Roster while I'm in Reditor limbo and a lot of your point guards decide on shooting floaters or runners in the lane instead of attempting a lay up. This is because their close tendency is higher than their inside shot tendency.

I'm not calling you out (this is the first problem that came to mind) every Roster I've used exhibits glaring issues when ratings aren't done in accordance to formula. No one in the Nba shoots more than 4 shots from 3 to 9 feet and most of those people are high scoring centers or power forwards.

That being said I have a coach profile formula that eliminates points in the paint issues, allows for an appropriate amount of three pointers and gives the necessary amount of fastbreak points. What's funny is it's starting to look a lot like MKHarsh33 sliders. Lol


My new problem is I need more shooting fouls which should be easy to fix once I get done with Draw/commit foul tendencies. Is anyone able to see in game what the hard foul slider does?

I want to say that any advice I give, you may not see the correlation in your game because we are all using vastly different rosters. That can not be stated enough.
This is a big issue in the roster I use. I have lowered take inside and close shot to 0 (yes ZERO) in my sliders, yet players still force a ton of bad shots from the close area. I am starting to believe the game was programmed to do this to keep the AI aggressive. It is truly frustrating. Don't even get me started on the horrible help defense when ball handlers force their way into the paint or baseline cuts.
__________________
'Only The Strong Survive'
Crossover1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 07:41 PM   #88
Pro
 
bigtreydawg's Arena
 
OVR: 2
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: The Vic
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Tempo-Freelance-RunPlays

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtcrb
I never take things as an attack when they are worded like you put it. I am very open minded with things and am not one who gets feelings hurt or goes into a Giant Tirade because people have different opinions.

It isnt because of the Close tendency being higher than Inside tendency it is because of their Runner Tendency. It also has to do with How the Defense is playing them. PGs shoot the Most Floaters in the NBA which is why you see them shooting more. They will take the Layup if it is Open but if defenders are around they shoot the floater. Also you have to look at most shooting Charts have 5 areas and 2k ONLY has 4 Tendencies. So the way I have my system for that is: Inside 0-6 ft, Close 7-12 ft. Mid 13-22 ft and 3pt. One thing to also keep in mind by Raising the Inside Shot tendency it will Directly effect the Number of APG with Players for Simmed games. Once again this comes back to a BROKE Sim engine.

These are just MY personal views on the game, and everyone has a Different view as to what works for them. I look forward to seeing more results from your testing. It is ALL about making the game better, NOT about who is right or wrong. Keep up the great work.
Thanks for being reasonable on the Internet.

So check this out:

Anyone using VCTRB's roster here is a coach profile for the nuggets. Play against them and tell me what you think.

OT:85 - default for the roster
DP:85 - default
HD:65 -default
Fastbreak:55- I wanted them to push more due to the other edits I made and I like the results (please get back on d)
COG:50 - default
Run plays: 76 - gives them time to toy around with the break (often results in Danillo somewhere at the 3pt line). VCTRB's roster gives you high scoring games so he will drain it if you don't find him.
DT:50 - default
Zone:3 defAult (why 3?)
Bench depth:100 - when you have a roster with rotations set properly raising bench depth will get people with foul trouble out of the game.
Inside shot: 36 - mkharsh found that lower this (he did it through sliders, which i disagree with) does 2 things. 1 - it cuts down on points in the paint and 2 it eliminates that dumb game of patty cake bigs do under the basket in order to find the easy shot possible. Lowering this in the coach sliders allows bigs to have the same inside shot tendency but still eliminates the problem.
Close shot:25 - same story as above. Will reduce points in the paint. (I have it lower than the inside rating in this roster to cut down on floaters.
Mid shot: 73
3pt: 66
Attack:21 - very important. I had previously said that this needs to be at 1 but that is not the case. (Ill explain why in some long drawn out post eventually).
Look for post:20

Check these out and get back to me. Points in the paint landed at 52 and 58 in the to games I played. Denver leads the league with 57 (last time I checked). Karl is adamant about pushing the ball so this profile will be different then most teams I do (not by much). I wanted to start with a hard team first.

Hope you enjoy!
bigtreydawg is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:51 AM.

Top -