Home

Tempo-Freelance-RunPlays

This is a discussion on Tempo-Freelance-RunPlays within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-17-2013, 12:29 AM   #457
MVP

OVR: 25
Re: Tempo-Freelance-RunPlays

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimm44
This game is so deep it's stupid. I'm testing:

DTL
ATB
PU
PO

along with Help D in the Coaching Profile.

The PU Tendency is REALLY touchy. I have Jrue Holiday with 50 mid-range Tendency. With 0, it's hard to get him to shoot a mid-range jumper. At 10? He's launching away.

Oh yeah, I'm also cataloging every play in the game. I noticed that with PNR's that require at least one pass before the pick comes, if that pass goes to a player with a high 3PT Tendency (a la J-Richardson @ 70), that player would frequently take the shot and disrupt the play. This is why he was frequently shooting 10-14 3pt's a game in CPU/CPU matches. I've got straight PNR plays cataloged by:

Original playbook the play is found in
How many picks are used in the play
Who is involved with the PNR
What the other players on the court are doing

My eyes just went crossed.
When(if) we are finished, someone could compile all the info/data and use it to write a doctoral dissertation. Too bad there is no such thing as a doctor of NBA2kology.
Old 04-17-2013, 12:35 AM   #458
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtreydawg
This is game is so reactionary!!! Everything you do changes something else!!!

Ok . . . Breathe. Is anyone else testing more than one thing at a time?

I made myself start working on coach profiles (more on that later) but in the name of getting this dribbling thing air tight I have:

Lebron and Wade:

Attack:100
Pass out:0
Drive right:100
No pull up- all penetration

It works, drive right really means drive right (including driving baseline if your on the right side of the court.) I'm so glad SLimm said something about contextual dribble moves because I'm really starting to see why they do the things they do.

The new problem: help defense is the mother of back door cutting. And rightly so. I would not stand around if my defender left me to make sure a guy didn't score. Drop help D into the 30s and watch the court clear up.

The majority of the reason a crossover/spin/behind the back occurs is because the ball handler is trying to get away from help D. This is especially clear when a ballhandler (really)wants to drive in a particular direction.

Multiple times I got to see Dwayne and Lebron ride there defender only to be scared into doing a cross over from a weak side defender jumping the gun and running over to help. I paused the game and looked at the help defense. 81. That is way too high, sometimes you just have to let your teammate get burned before you decide to come over and help (though with Lebron driving you'd be showing up in time to mug for his new poster, guest starring you).

I think we are getting this game real close to sexy.
What is the MAX Help D coach slider setting before the help starts causing the other issues?
Old 04-17-2013, 05:51 AM   #459
MVP

My Blog(link in signature) has a new post with more findings on:

Set Up Dribble

Dribble Penetration

The "Spin Cycle"

and more.....
Old 04-17-2013, 09:15 AM   #460
MVP

G0DZGiFT's Arena

OVR: 3

This is the craziness I've been enduring. Slimms sliders, fast break and run play at 0, help d in the 30's. Grizz has been edited and jazz has not

It's like the computer rushes the play. Gasol didn't even stay in the post to get the pass and Tony Allen Iverson always tries to take over lol

Last edited by G0DZGiFT; 04-17-2013 at 09:21 AM.
Old 04-17-2013, 09:36 AM   #461
MVP

Another new Blog post is up focusing on "The Spin Cycle."

Link in Sig.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2013, 09:47 AM   #462
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by G0DZGiFT
This is the craziness I've been enduring. Slimms sliders, fast break and run play at 0, help d in the 30's. Grizz has been edited and jazz has not

It's like the computer rushes the play. Gasol didn't even stay in the post to get the pass and Tony Allen Iverson always tries to take over lol
It was tough to see due to the small video size, but it didn't look all that crazy until the shot clock got to 6. That's when you'll always see some ridiculous stuff. That being said, it was tough to see due to how small it was so I may have missed some stuff.

Are playbooks edited? If so, how?
What are Freelance Tendencies set at?
What are Hot Spots set at?
What Difficulty Level is it on?
Acts 2:38. Let the truth be told.
John 4:23. He is seeking a seeker.
John 3:20. Say no to normal.
Old 04-17-2013, 10:50 AM   #463
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by qpc123
Another new Blog post is up focusing on "The Spin Cycle."

Link in Sig.
Thank you for your patience and your will to improve the game!!!!
Now we are sure about the effects of these particular tendencies.

With Hyper last touch,I think we can consider the question off/def post ratings and strenght solved.
Old 04-17-2013, 11:20 AM   #464
MVP

G0DZGiFT's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimm44
It was tough to see due to the small video size, but it didn't look all that crazy until the shot clock got to 6. That's when you'll always see some ridiculous stuff. That being said, it was tough to see due to how small it was so I may have missed some stuff.

Are playbooks edited? If so, how?
What are Freelance Tendencies set at?
What are Hot Spots set at?
What Difficulty Level is it on?

Yeah I took it with my phone. I didn't know it would turn out so tiny but it's vannwolfs playbooks. I didn't really know what to do about hot spots so I left them as is. I have mysynergy so I went there and gave 25-50 to the major tendencies. And the difficulty is pro

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »