Home

Tempo-Freelance-RunPlays

This is a discussion on Tempo-Freelance-RunPlays within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-19-2013, 08:54 PM   #553
Pro

bigtreydawg's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Tempo-Freelance-RunPlays

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimm44
Yes, it's a good thing. I noticed a MAJOR difference in gameplay when I lowered my Offensive Tempo Slider. I have it to where, historically, the highest paced teams (late 80's) would have a 60. The highest team for this year has 33. I've got a CPU game with Den @ Mia right now, DEN has 30 OFF TEMP/40 FB, Mia has 18 OFF TEMP/25 FB. End of game stats:

Den 88 FGA to Mia 94
Den 98 Points to Mia 110
Den 18 3PT to Mia 19
Den 12 FTA to Mia 11
Den 40 PIP to Mia 50
Den 9 FB points to Mia 22
Den 15 TO to Mia 8
Den 14 Points of TO to Mia 17

This is with Pro/Default sliders. Only thing I've changed is Pass Accuracy and Hands.

Lebron had 31pts, 7reb/9ast
Wade had 17pts, 6reb/5ast
Bosh had 12pts, 12reb/1ast
What did you do with Hands?

I don't know what to think of that slider, catch ball, deflect passes, cruising threw the forum some people say it helps with blocking shot and catching alley oops.

What do you think it does?

Last edited by bigtreydawg; 04-19-2013 at 09:15 PM.
Old 04-19-2013, 09:31 PM   #554
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtreydawg
What did you do with Hands?

I don't know what to think of that slider, catch ball, deflect passes, cruising threw the forum some people say it helps with blocking shot and catching alley oops.

What do you think it does?
It definitely effects catching passes. You see more bobbled catches (which lead to steals and fast breaks in traffic). IMO, Play Passing Lanes effects deflecting passes more. I also think it effects catching oops but I haven't noticed anything regarding blocks. Haven't tested for it, though.
Acts 2:38. Let the truth be told.
John 4:23. He is seeking a seeker.
John 3:20. Say no to normal.
Old 04-19-2013, 09:33 PM   #555
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by G0DZGiFT
So you not using the sliders you posted? And what changes did you make? You don't see too many dunks on default sliders?
I've been testing on Pro Default with the only changes being Passing at 43 and Hands at 40. For the last game, I raised all Foul Sliders to 100 except Blocking @ 75, Reaching @ 50.

I'll let you know how many blocks there are at the end of this game. Didn't pay attention last game.
Acts 2:38. Let the truth be told.
John 4:23. He is seeking a seeker.
John 3:20. Say no to normal.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2013, 11:16 PM   #556
MVP

OVR: 25

So can Triple threat(jab step tendency) and No Triple Threat be treated as an out of 100 set?

For example

TT=25
No TT=75

or

TT=50
No TT=50

Seems like the logical way to handle it since both tendencies do what they are supposed(either you use the TT or not).

Clearly would not work for PF and TTS as 25 pump fake is about the top end before its get stupid and 75 TTS would lead to too many catch and shoot situations.

Last edited by qpc123; 04-19-2013 at 11:26 PM.
Old 04-20-2013, 12:03 AM   #557
Pro

bigtreydawg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by qpc123
So can Triple threat(jab step tendency) and No Triple Threat be treated as an out of 100 set?

For example

TT=25
No TT=75

or

TT=50
No TT=50

Seems like the logical way to handle it since both tendencies do what they are supposed(either you use the TT or not).

Clearly would not work for PF and TTS as 25 pump fake is about the top end before its get stupid and 75 TTS would lead to too many catch and shoot situations.
It's like we vex over the same problems, my new beef is Simple Drive,

Since turning it up to 100 I've seen way less posting up from guards who would be inclined to do so and Chris Bosh. Would lowering simple drive for bigs but keeping their attack high make them use post moves to drive and score?
Old 04-20-2013, 12:38 AM   #558
MVP

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtreydawg
It's like we vex over the same problems, my new beef is Simple Drive,

Since turning it up to 100 I've seen way less posting up from guards who would be inclined to do so and Chris Bosh. Would lowering simple drive for bigs but keeping their attack high make them use post moves to drive and score?
You hit the nail on the head.

I was just watching more Bulls/Blazers with some TT adjustments and while watching I started to wonder if the TT changes will allow for more use of the dribble penetration tendencies.

Two quick highlights:

1) Jordan - PF=5(just for testing purposes), TT=100, TTS=50, NO TT=0
MJ jabs left, Clyde doesn't bite, MJ jabs right, Clyde backs off a bit, MJ hits the J

2) This may be the first instance of properly executed PnR defense that I have ever seen in a video game.

I'm gonna mess around with dribble moves to see what differences there are now(if any).

As for the hands/blocks, I have 80 as the minimum hands rating for all players(I believe I picked this up from bedwardsroy) but I think it a personal preference.

I do think it effects blocks, at least in gameplay. However, around the time I went 99 hands I think 2k snuck in patch for blocks, so that may be why I thought it was the hands making the difference.

I have no idea how to test this though.

EDIT: Rockets v Lakers

Last edited by qpc123; 04-20-2013 at 03:30 AM.
Old 04-20-2013, 07:00 AM   #559
MVP

Melbournelad's Arena

OVR: 6

Not to hijack the thread but is there any way I can get lower sim fta and lower sim FG%? I'm getting high numbers even with help defense up near the 70-90 mark for all teams.
Old 04-20-2013, 07:10 AM   #560
Pro

bigtreydawg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melbournelad
Not to hijack the thread but is there any way I can get lower sim fta and lower sim FG%? I'm getting high numbers even with help defense up near the 70-90 mark for all teams.
coach profile help D has nothing to do with freethrow attempts.

The draw foul and commit foul are what determines freethrow attempts. I learned from Bedwardsroy that lowering everyone's freethrow rating by 4 got it closer to their actual percent. I don't know how 2k screwed that up.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »